World Pro Snooker Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Translate
Teamspeak

Respecting deadlines and decisions

Go down

Respecting deadlines and decisions Empty Respecting deadlines and decisions

Post by POTUS Sat 28 Mar 2020, 5:43 pm

First off I really hope everyone is taking care of themselves and keeping it healthy! Together but separated we can flatten that curve. Second I am writing this to remind people of the intended course of business in WPSA. Most particular the deadlines we set. I feel there has been a little situation where Luka feels he is not treated fair play wise, I would argue the opposite and will highlight the whole reasoning behind it.

The WPSA is more than lenient in offering plenty of time to play the matches organized. On top of that I think we are even more lenient in granting more time past the set deadlines, the so called extensions (sometimes to no avail).  I understand the little competitive beast in all of us that is more prominent in some players than others among us. But from an organizational standpoint sometimes decisions need to be made to ensure events don't get delayed or get extended into other events.  Technical Issues can always occur and we understand that completely.

Sasha also suffered a major malfunction where his graphics card died on him (during live stream nonetheless), granted it fell within the deadline but he kept to the date he himself had set when he expected to be operational.

This season was intended to end on the 18th. I extended it to the 22nd. That is 4 extra days, all divisions except div 1 where 2 matches needed to be played were finished. Luka suffered a pc issue and asked for an extension to Wednesday the 25th. That is 7 extra days, We granted this second extension. In the meantime I told the participating members to start their matches in the cup without starting it on paper. All these matches were played but at one point you stumble upon a delay because no opponent is known. Luka asked for another extension to Friday the 27th. That is 9 extra days at this point, which I proposed the granting of this extension in a poll where it was agreed on, and a third extension was given.  

On deadline day (yesterday). I contacted luka around noon where I encouraged him to get the matches in. Luka did not inform me that his pc is still not ready. Later in the day towards evening I messaged Luka again after Irri asked me to try to get in contact to get the games going. He then said he needs another extension to today so in total we are looking at 10 days of extensions. And I draw a line. I might be wrong but I believe Brexit didn't even get so many extensions...
Let it be noted that most of these granting extension sessions went through with communication between myself and Irri and in turn from Irri to Luka and myself and Luka. I also kept everyone informed through announcements on discord.

As is the case with some matches I'm the middle man to get some players on the table. Irri over the week kept in contact with me, and was under the impression that the matches were to be played on the dates Luka himself had set, so Irri did not see the need to further contact Luka during the other days. I feel Irri is not responsible for the delay(s). And so the decision was made to give Irri the matches, in line with the same way Itztweety his matches got handled. If that sounds biased then so be it. consider it as an example or whatever but there has to be a realization that at one point we need to move on. In the end this got handed the same way like Itztweety his matches got handled. He is also Belgian so trust me no bias there at all...

Allow me to show the next little list of a couple people

Itsthetodman last season dropped out due to a personal situation in his life which i'm not gonna mention because it's frankly none of your affairs. He could have played on but realized it's not the best course for him.

Bobfletch in season 1 also conceded  games because he couldn't ensure the completion of the games he still had to do within the deadline.

Misterduke (wizard) held off signing up this season because he wasn't sure he would be able to participate this month.

Oldcroc conceded 2 games this season because he is suffering some power issues in his country. He also could not ensure that he could get the matches in time and didn't want to ask for extension beyond the one given.

The point of this little list is to show people try to respect the deadlines, they have the self realisation that "I'm not gonna make it in time", "I don't want to put too much of a strain on the organisation", "There are always future events to join".

I usually use the last week of the month to actively search for new potential members to join. If we have to juggle with dates and have to micromanage people and grant extension upon extension to finish (or even start) an event. Then it makes that search harder, so it has to be understood that at one point we have to say, Stop, Moving on. And that is exactly what happened yesterday.
POTUS
POTUS
Members

http://87th.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum